Today was a fairly long day as I worked for around 10 hours (got home around 6:30 pm). I did fit in my usual smoothie for breakfast and also mustered up enough energy to make a dinner for myself and my boyfriend (I think he was feeling a bit left out with me making salads for myself for dinner for the past week or so). Here was my day!
ORANGE AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
Makes 1 serving
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 fresh or frozen banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries*
- 1 cup almond milk
* if you’re using fresh strawberries, I would add a few ice cubes to make the smoothie more chilled
Blend all ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
Recipe from Grounded Nutrition
- 1 package gluten free lasagne noodles, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 2 jars organic pasta sauce or 4 cups home made sauce*
- 100 grams sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cashew ricotta
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- basil (optional)
* I only ended up using 1 jar of pasta sauce, so it really depends on how much you want to use
CASHEW RICOTTA INGREDIENTS
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast**
- 1 garlic clove
- dash of onion powder
- Himalayan salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
* I soaked my cashews in hot water for about 5-10 minutes
** You should be able to find nutritional (aka food) yeast in any grocery store. Make sure you don’t skip this ingredient as it gives things a cheesy flavour!
Combine ricotta ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Cook and drain lasagne noodles. Add a spoonful (or more!) of tomato sauce to a 9 x 11 baking dish* to coat the bottom. Lay out noodles to cover the bottom of the dish. Spread layer of cashew ricotta to cover noodles. Add sliced mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach to noodles.** Continue layering until all your ingredients are used up. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Top with leftover ricotta and basil, and enjoy! 🙂
* I used a 9 x 13 baking dish and it worked just fine
** You can add any veggies you like really. I also added red pepper and zucchini and they were delicious!
Happy Hump Day to you all!